Systems Safety Engineer
Abingdon, Maryland 21009 - US
- Applies knowledge, tactics and principles of safety engineering as defined in MIL-STD-882 and Joint Software System Safety Handbook
- Develops requirements and designs, assess implementations for hazard and causal factors to satisfy critical system safety objectives
- Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, test, or evaluate military weapons systems.
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Familiar with architecture (DoDAF), requirements (INCOSE) and interface artifacts for complex software systems.
- Applies engineering experience to perform functions such as systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
- BS degree in related technical field and 8 years prior relevant experience OR Master's degree with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience. 4 years of additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Demonstrated strong background in Safety Engineering and application of Safety Standards (MIL-STD-882; Joint Software System Safety Handbook).
- At least 7 years of safety engineering experience on a computer system for weapons control
- Hazard and Causal factor analysis.
- Ability to convey technical designs, ideas and results to non-technical audiences and provide briefings to high-level government personnel.
- Experience in authoring documents (SAR, SSPP, reports, briefings, etc,) to support customer missions.
- Demonstrated strong performance as a technical leader working in a multi-contractor, on-site and virtual environment
- Excellent presentation preparation, briefing skills and project management experience
- Demonstrated ability to independently determine and develop approach to solutions
- Excellent analysis and critical thinking skills
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Experience working in a CMMI environment
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security clearance
- Experience with AFATDS or other Command and Control or Command and Decision systems
- Experience with System of Systems Analysis, Interoperability and Weapon system deployments
Please contact: Avi Zelig (818) 632-5318