Systems Engineer (Principal)
Lansdale, Pennsylvania 19446 - US
Applies broad technical knowledge and skills in multiple scientific/technical disciplines to the analysis, specification, planning, developing, designing, integration, testing, and production of systems and/or manages and coordinates the system engineering process. Supports the definition of system architectures and designs that achieve "best value" goals of meeting performance and life cycle requirements within allocated budget and schedule constraints while maintaining consistency within established Company practices and methods. Supports concurrent engineering specialty disciplines in defining system requirements, designs, and productions.
- Supports top-level requirements, conducts functional decomposition and performance analysis of system requirements and analyzes subsystem performance specifications to ensure responsiveness to operational requirements.
- Supports and/or manages the system engineering function through the effective integration and interface with appropriate personnel in all related disciplines (i.e., reliability, maintainability, etc.). Evaluates and conducts appropriate hardware/software tradeoffs to reconcile inter-disciplinary requirements and resolve conflicts between disciplines as required.
- Analyzes cost vs. system performance and conducts an assessment of technical risks/complexities/tradeoffs and provides recommendations and justification for alternate concepts/approaches to ensure maximum cost effectiveness and optimal system design.
- Defines top-level system architecture and decomposes system into major subsystems. Defines and allocates subsystem requirements and generates and reviews written specifications. Controls system baselines.
- Analyzes and documents functional flows, interface requirements and implementation techniques and methods. Recommends selection of equipment, alternate methods and procedures to facilitate system integration and to ensure consistency and compatibility among subsystems.
- Prepares system-engineering sections of proposals, which include the performance of tradeoff studies/analyses, documentation of rationale to support proposed systems engineering strategy and prepares cost estimates for system engineering portions of proposed program. Provides effective customer interface and technical marketing support through the preparation and presentation of briefings and white papers and participation in program design reviews.
- Effectively monitors actual vs. budgeted system-engineering resources to ensure adherence to negotiated budgets and systems engineering management plans. Coordinates and conducts cost and schedule impact analyses of building/purchasing/subcontracting of system/subsystem components and provides recommendation to ensure adherence to program milestones and budgets. Reviews subcontracts performance against subsystem specifications.
- Coordinates and maintains requirements databases and traceability matrices for subsystems by monitoring customer and engineering requirements through the production phase and guaranteeing adherence to specifications. Monitors requirements and design changes to assess impact on system performance and ensure compliance with customer contract requirements.
- Integrates hardware and software elements and verifies the operation of subsystems. Develops test requirements and plans and identifies and implements test procedures. Conducts subsystem acceptance testing to demonstrate responsiveness to performance specifications and supports the testability and verifiability of requirements.
- Provides system engineering support to production activities, designs and factory test/support equipment development.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Requires a Bachelor's Degree in a technical or scientific field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of eight (8) years work experience encompassing a broad range of technical, multi-disciplinary responsibilities; or a Master's Degree and seven (7) years experience; or a Ph.D. with four (4) years experience.achelor's Degree in a technical or scientific field from an accredited college or university and a minimum of eight (8) years work experience encompassing a broad range of technical, multi-disciplinary responsibilities; or a Master's Degree and seven (7) years experience; or a Ph.D. with four (4) years experience.
Contact: Jullian Deveras (201) 843-4400 ext. 2320