Structural Design Engineer
Linthicum, Maryland 21090 - US
Global defense contractor is seeking an experienced Structural Design Engineer to perform the following:
- Structural Design Engineer to create designs for aircraft and land vehicle structural components, assemblies and installations.
- Candidate shall establish overall configuration based on requirements as defined by the customer and shall be able to design the structural components required to meet design specifications intent.
- Candidate shall be a mechanical, civil or aerospace engineering professional experienced in structural design, materials and processes, handling, and creation of designs/drawings per DoD100, BOM management, fastener selection, materials selection and finish requirements for a military environments.
- Candidate will interface with multi-discipline program team to support production of detail parts, and assemblies.
- Candidate will work design issues both independently and as part of a large multi-disciplined team.
- Candidate must be able to collaborate in a team environment, prioritize and adjust tasks to accomplish the required result, prioritize multiple responsibilities and/or accomplishing them simultaneously.
- Strong familiarity with Siemens NX CAD solid modeling is required.
- Prior experience with DoD/FAA aircraft or large land vehicles preferred.
Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related Discipline with 7 years of experience in Structural Design or a M.S. Degree with 5 years of experience.
Ability to Obtain and Maintain a Secret Security Clearance is required.
US Citizenship is required.
Contact: Tom Lee (201) 843-4400 ext. 2260