Spacecraft Computer Network Engineer
Houston, Texas 77059 - US
We are seeking a Spacecraft Computer Network Engineer that is passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference.
Our Client is providing services to NASA and needs your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC) to be part of every human spaceflight program.
As a Spacecraft Computer Network Engineer you will:
- Design and develop spacecraft avionics system network architectures and requirements.
- Develop and test spacecraft network prototype hardware and software.
- Perform other duties as required.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of four (4) years of related engineering experience, or a Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Avionic systems design and development (electrical or software).
- Experience/exposure to one or more of the following major spacecraft systems and disciplines:
- Electrical Systems
- Thorough knowledge of computer networking technology:
- IEEE802.3 (Ethernet) standards
- Internet Protocol Suite (IPS)
- Hardware cabling standards
- Experience with:
- Network design and Network management tools.
- IT security.
- Network troubleshooting techniques.
- Familiar with commercial products available in computer networking technology.
- Able to interpret network data captures, such as pcap files.
- Time Triggered Ethernet (TTE) experience is a plus.
- Experience with spacecraft avionics and circuit design or analysis is a plus.
- Previous experience in the application of computer network technology in space systems is a plus.
Contact: Avi Zelig at (818) 632-5318