Software Engineer - Starling Spacecraft
Mountain View, California 94035 - US
The Intelligent Systems Research and Development Support (ISRDS) contract supports NASA
Ames Research Center in developing and infusing advanced information systems technology into NASA missions. Our scientists, engineers and information technologists support research and development of critical enabling intelligent technologies for all of the NASA Mission Directorates.
This SGT‐led team has supported technology development for NASA space exploration missions such as LADEE and TESS, supports payload development for the International Space Station, and develops robotics and autonomous operations technologies for lunar and planetary exploration.
ISRDS engineers provide support in aeronautics for autonomous operations of unmanned systems and for meeting the challenges of expanding capacity in the aviation industry.
We are currently seeking a talented software engineer to support the development of flight software
applications that will run on the Starling spacecraft. These applications are associated with the advanced CubeSat payload onboard the spacecraft, which helps to govern interactions between members of the spacecraft swarm. The selected candidate will be responsible for developing absolute time sequences and relative time sequences of commands to enable onboard operations, and must be comfortable defining and developing simulations for testing. The candidate must be capable of working with a team of engineers from multiple disciplines, and should be comfortable leading application development efforts.
This position requires access to ITAR and/or EAR protected data, only U.S. citizens or green card
holders can be considered for this position.
Required Skill and Traits:
- Extensive experience with C, Python, Bash, and Ruby programming languages.
- Demonstrable knowledge of spacecraft operations.
- Experience with networking and systems programming in Linux.
- Bachelor's of Computer Science.
- Ability to demonstrate experience with design, build, test, and documentation of robust and reusable code.
- Experience with light systems administration duties.
- Experience designing and analysis process driven workflows.
- Experience with spacecraft integration and test activities.
Contact: Patryk Chumura (201) 843-4400 ext. 2250