Software Developer NASA
Houston, Texas 77058 - US
Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Our client is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
- Develop ground and flight software new capabilities and improvements using C in a Linux environment.
- Perform planning, scrums, stories, issue tracking, and demos in an Agile software development environment.
- Develop, execute and document development, functional and integration tests.
- Implement the software development tool chain.
- Participate in technical reviews and meetings.
- Develop software documentation.
- Troubleshoot problems or defects and recommending changes.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Proficiency with C coding, Linux and scripting languages such as Python.
- Experience with Agile Development tools and processes.
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer service attitude.
- Static code analysis
- Coding standards
- Software configuration management tools such as Gitlab.
- Issue tracking tools such as Jira.
- Spacecraft Avionics and Software Architecture.
- NASA software and systems development requirements and standards.
- BS degree in a computer or system science discipline
- Must be a U.S citizen.
Experience in at least one of the following specialty areas:
- Software Development Tools and Processes
- Data Integration and Flow Analysis
- Interface design
- Network design
- Vehicle Management Systems
- Environmental Control and Life Support Systems (ECLSS)
- Thermal Control Systems
- Command & Data Handling
- Displays & Controls
- Power Distribution
- Autonomous Systems
- Simulation/Emulation/System Modeling
- Safety Critical Spacecraft or Avionics Systems
- Failure Mode Effects and Criticality Analysis
- Fault Detection, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR) for Distributed Avionics Architectures - Core Flight Software (CFS)
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement - Much, much more!
Contact: Avi Zelig (818) 632-5318