Senior System Programmer - Starling Spacecraft
Mountain View, California 94035 - US
The Intelligent Systems Research and Development Support (ISRDS) contract supports NASA
Ames Research Center in developing and infusing advanced information systems technology into NASA missions. Our scientists, engineers and information technologists support research and development of critical enabling intelligent technologies for all of the NASA Mission Directorates.
This SGT‐led team has supported technology development for NASA space exploration missions such as LADEE and TESS, supports payload development for the International Space Station, and develops robotics and autonomous operations technologies for lunar and planetary exploration.
ISRDS engineers provide support in aeronautics for autonomous operations of unmanned systems and for meeting the challenges of expanding capacity in the aviation industry.
We are currently seeking a talented system programmer to support the development of flight
software applications that will run on the Starling spacecraft. These apps will be used to govern communications between various hardware elements of the spacecraft, and to demonstrate advanced autonomous interaction between members of the swarm. The selected candidate must be able to implement, troubleshoot, and support both Unix/Linux operating systems and networkedbased
applications. The candidate will be required to setup and maintain the development, build, and test infrastructure for the mission software development team, and should be comfortable leading hardware and software testing efforts.
This position requires access to ITAR and/or EAR protected data, only U.S. citizens or green card holders can be considered for this position.
Required Skill and Traits:
- Extensive experience with system and application programming in Linux.
- Extensive experience with C and C++ programming languages.
- Python and Ruby scripting and application development.
- Detailed understanding of continuous integration and modern software development approaches.
- Bachelor's of Computer Science
- Ability to demonstrate experience with design, build, test, and documentation of robust and reusable code.
- Experience with light systems administration duties.
- Experience designing and analysis process driven workflows.
Contact: Patryk Chumura (201) 843-4400 ext. 2250