RF/Analog Engineer, Principal
Lansdale, Pennsylvania 19446 - US
Seeking a RF/Analog Engineer whose role is to design and test various RF circuits and RF enabled architectures. The Engineer must have a strong intuition in basic RF/Analog/Microwave building blocks, backed by simulation and circuit analysis. The Engineer develops the circuit designs based on the performance, schedule, cost, reliability, and manufacturability requirements. The Engineer collaborates with Thermal, Reliability, Mechanical, Power, Digital, and System Engineering teams, identifying key risk factors and driving requirements for components interfacing with the design.
Collect, analyze and negotiate design requirements and perform architectural trade studies to derive optimum architecture for implementation. Understand and help specify operational and performance requirements for adjacent designs. Generate validation/qualification and production test requirements and plans.
Design Analog/RF/Microwave circuits using simulation tools and breadboards, generate the design’s bill-of-materials (BOM), interface with layout engineers to produce PWBs and substrates, direct the overall implementation of the design, perform design validation testing, tune and troubleshoot the design to meet specifications, and generate all related design documentation, all
in self-guided manner.
Train and give technical guidance to technicians, production personnel, and other engineers, as well as provide project status guidance to functional and program management.
Transition the design from Engineering to Manufacturing, including writing production test procedures and resolving production issues arising from volume assembly of RF Circuits.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or STEM Degree (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) plus a minimum of 8 years of experience in a technical RF design role or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math) and 6 years of experience in a technical RF design role.
- 8 years of experience in RF circuit design and testing, Including designing or using such components as amplifiers, multipliers, power combiners, filters, switches, mixers, circulators, VCOs, PLLs, Power Amps, and antennas.
- 8 years of experience in RF module design and testing, such as receivers, exciters/transmitters, and synthesizer circuits.
- 8 years conducting cascade analysis.
- 8 years of experience with impedance matching, phase matching, DC biasing, and digital control techniques.
- 8 years of experience in RF circuit simulation using ADS, AWR, SPICE, or similar simulation platforms
- 5 years of experience with product transition from Engineering to Manufacturing.
- All applicants must be a U.S Citizen or U.S Person as defined by ITAR (a lawful permanent resident or someone who is a protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)).
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance.
- 10 + years of experience RF circuit design and testing, Including designing or using such components as amplifiers, multipliers, power combiners, filters, switches, mixers, circulators, VCOs, PLLs, Power Amps, and antennas.
- Familiar with ADCs, DACs, and DSP/Baseband digital processing.
- HFSS or similar EM simulation experience.
- PCB/chip-on-board design, test, and layout experience.
- MTBF calculation and circuit failure analysis experience.
- MMIC design and experience in interacting with foundries.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance.
Contact: Patryk Chumura (201) 843-4400 ext. 2250