RF Systems Engineer, Electronic Warfare
Lansdale, Pennsylvania 19446 - US
Seeking an RF Systems Engineer whose role will provide working knowledge in the RF Electronic Warfare (EW) business area that includes Radar Warning (RW), Situational Awareness, Interferometry/Direction Finding (DF), Electronic Attack (EA), as well as Self-Protect RF Counter Measures (RFCM) including on-/off-board systems. The Engineer must have an ability to create designs, perform simulations and/or generate circuit analysis for system level requirements as well as RF components based on performance spec, schedule, cost, reliability, and manufacturability requirements.
Functions of this role will include:
- Design/develop/simulate/analyze component technologies for transmitters, receivers, and converters applied to radar, communications, and ECM/ECCM sub-systems.
- Generate RF cascades for design/analysis of full sub-system performance.
- Deliver/define top-level architectures and design concept tradeoffs for a variety of technology solutions including new business capture.
- Decompose system requirements into sub-system and component level requirements, generate/review written specifications.
- Generate system block diagrams, interconnection drawings (ICDs), and assembly outline drawings.
- Perform work planning, budget/schedule management, and identify technical deliverables for System Engineering section of proposals.
- Participate in Government/Industry sponsored activities; industry-days, CONOP exercises, technical interchanges.
- Propose technical solutions and define potential impacts on cost, schedule and programmatic risk.
- Demonstrate ability to identify best-of-breed capabilities which could potentially deliver value to the end user.
- Recommend, plan, lead, review, and identify risks for R&D efforts.
- Develop new solutions to be employed in solving technical issues.
- B.S. Engineering or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) with 3+ years of technical work experience or Master’s degree.
- Working experience with RF receivers, transmitters and/or filtering designs; knowledge of modulation techniques; antennas; correlation; or signal processing.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills to interface with key internal and external customers, i.e., executives, military officers, government officials, etc..
- Exceptional degree of ingenuity, creativity and resourcefulness to design and deliver highly advanced solutions.
- US Citizenship: selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Knowledge of hardware systems.
- Broadband (Octave to Decade) antenna or amplifier experience.
- Experience as a system architect for product development that may include: design, specifications, and test for radar, communication, and/or EW systems.
- Integration & validation experience including test and sell off of systems.
- Experience with digital signal processing, radar/active electronically scanned arrays (AESAs), or electromagnetic interference mitigation.
- Systems modeling with MATLAB or equivalent tools, DOORS requirements management tools, risk management tools,
- Familiarity with Military Handbooks and Standards.
- Involvement in industry consortia relevant to the job requirements/industry.
- Proven ability to lead people to resolve technical problems.
- Master’s Engineer degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems, or Physics.
- Active DOD Secret Clearance.
Contact: Patryk Chumura (201) 843-4400 ext. 2250