Quality Control Specialist - Senior (Level 2)
New York City, New York 10004 - US
To provide Quality Assurance support to Capital Program Management (CPM) on both the project and process level.
Various Project Field Offices/Field Construction sites within the 5 Boroughs of NY.
A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in engineering, industrial technology or a related degree or a combination of related education and additional experience, training or certification.
A minimum of six (6) years of construction experience in quality assurance including:
- Knowledge of quality concepts and processes, including ISO 9001.
- Familiarity with design/construction activities and best practices for major capital projects.
- Experience in conducting audits/assessments, preparing reports and interacting with representatives from varying organizations, functions and levels.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
Special Skills/ Training Requirements:
- Proficient communication skills in English, both written & verbal.
- Computer literate in Microsoft office suite and Adobe.
- 30 Hour OSHA course in Construction Safety and Health (29 CFR 1926) within the last five(S) years.
- Certification(s) by the American Society for Quality (such as CQA or CQE) is desirable.
Description of Work:
- Perform Quality Audits of Design, Construction and Quality processes to ensure that CPM process requirements are being implemented and in support of the department ISO 9001Registrat ion. Prepare audit reports for distribution to CPM Management. Perform follow up activities to ensure closure of any audit issues identified.
- Review, develop and update as required internal procedures and guidelines.
- Perform contractor quality assessments at various field offices and construction sites throughout the five boroughs of New York City to ensure that CPM contractual quality requirements are being implemented.
- Inspection/verification of construction activities in accordance with contractual requirements, prepare field inspection and other reports on a daily or other basis as required.
- Provide quality process expertise/support to program area in all quality matters.
- Perform site visits as required and/or as directed by quality management, monitor inspection & testing activities, document findings and record photographic evidence.
Review and make recommendations of Contractor deliverables including but not limited to:
- Contractor's quality programs.
- Quality work plans.
- Inspection and testing plans.
- Qualification reviews of contractor personnel.
- Configuration management plans & personnel.
- Perform trend analysis and issue recommendations for improvement as direct ed by quality management.
- Review qualification of special inspection laboratories and personnel.
- Participate in quality and construction kick-off meetings, qualification meetings, design review meetings and other meetings as directed by quality management.
- Participate in special assignments as directed by quality management.