Project Manager - Remediation Specialist
Cedar Grove, New Jersey 07009 - US
A respected environmental construction firm seeks a project manager with 7-12 years of subsurface environmental construction project management experience. Excavation, piping, sheeting, remediation, concrete and general site work experience required. MGP experience a plus. Excellent communication skills, computer literacy and the ability to work on multiple projects at once is a must.
- Plan, oversee & direct environmental construction/remediation projects from conception to completion.
- Coordinate and direct Construction Superintendent, Project Engineer, Safety Personnel & Subcontractors.
- Maintain schedules, budget/costs and related reporting.
- Meet contractual conditions of performance.
- Prepare project related correspondence.
- Prepare /review client submittals, vendor invoices, change orders and other miscellaneous items.
- Assist with take-offs, estimating.
- Help to develop engineering solutions to field problems.
- Maintain overall good relations with clients..
Work and Education Requirements:
Bachelor of Science Degree in civil, geological or environmental engineering or environmental science along with 7-12 years of experience in civil or environmental construction.
Special Skills/ Abilities Requirements:
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work both in the office and in the field in a traditional construction environment.
- Outstanding computer skills including CADD and the MS office suite of products.
- Must have project management experience from a construction firm and not an engineering or construction management firm.
- Ability to communicate effectively within the company and with government officials, and with field personnel.
- Experience working in a union environment.
- Familiarity with sheeting/shoring, piping, dewatering, deep excavations, concrete, environmental regulations and OSHA safety requirements a must.
Contact: Tom Lee (201) 843-4400 ext. 226