New York City, New York 10109 - US
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written, verbal communication includes contract staff, Resident Engineer, facility staff both in person and via two way communications.
- Experience in many types of mechanical construction including mechanical equipment room upgrades and rehabilitation, hot water generators, boilers, breeching, piping installation/replacement/upgrades, water distribution systems, building management systems, HVAC installation and controls, fire alarm upgrades, security system upgrades, pump systems.
- Experienced in various types of contracting methods including lump sum, unit price and net cost. Ability to read plans and specs and prepare written contract administration documentation such as daily narratives (work reports), controlled inspection reports, daily time and material records, and document unit price work. Identify potential extra work issues and keep Resident Engineer advised of issues.
- Prepare estimates of extra work.
- Prepare related sketches and documentation.
- Review plans for constructability and prepare comments.
- Review contractor payment requests and recommend reasonableness to the Resident Engineer.
- Knowledgeable in contract administration techniques to expedite contract work
- Proficiency necessary in Microsoft software including Word/Excel/Outlook. Night and weekend shifts will be required.
Education and Special Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 5 years experience inspecting construction work, varied in size (projects ranging from $500K to $5 million plus) and complexity (multiple crews and crew sizes per shift).
- Valid Driver’s License required.
- OSHA 40 hour certification required.
- Confined Space certification required.
- NYC Local Law 52 scaffold certification required.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with NYC Building Code.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Ability to pass a SWAC Background Check at High Level.
- Night and weekend shifts will be required.