Mechanical Engineer Assistant
Manhattan, New York 10004 - US
The responsibilities include field inspection and coordination of the construction work on subway stations renewal/component contracts. Candidate will be required to perform, but not limit to:
- The review of shop drawings and as-built drawings.
- Inspection/coordination of construction site work to ensure that the contract requirements are met.
- Assist in the review of Contractors' monthly partial payments, development of scope of work and estimates for additional work orders.
- Coordinate TA Labor Services, prepare field observation reports, daily progress reports and assist in resolving all mechanical field issues.
A bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college.
- Must have minimum 1 year of construction experience as mechanical field engineer or inspector for large and/or complex projects.
- Must have knowledge and experience with mechanical related building systems.
Special Skills/Training Requirements:
- Ability to read and interpret contract drawings and specifications. Familiar with project management procedures, ability to communicate effectively with excellent written, communication and computer (MS Office Suites) skills.
Contact: Tom Lee (201) 843-4400 ext. 2360