EMI/EMC Test Engineer
Linthicum, Maryland 21090 - US
The EMI/EMC Test Engineer will be responsible for the complete compliance process including analysis, test, technical, and schedule performance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Review and tailor EMI/EMC requirements to meet specified product performance for all aspects of Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) compliance, including EMI/EMC/EME/ESD/EMP and lightning.
- Develop models for interference coupling mechanisms, shielding integrity, and circuit/cable interface isolation to mitigate and control conducted/radiated emissions and susceptibility stimuli.
- Creation of test reports, procedures, control plans and guidelines.
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC testing and TILE software is a plus. The individual should be a self-starter, versatile, problem solver, and have a willingness to work as part of a team. Individual must be willing to travel occasionally to locations elsewhere in the corporation in order to assist in troubleshooting efforts, attend design review meetings, and work off-shift hours if necessary.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent with a minimum of 2 years of professional experience in a lab environment.
- Experience working with Mathcad (or equivalent) analytical models for radiated electrical fields.
- Experience with lab test equipment including receivers, spectrum analyzers, generators, amplifiers and antennas.
- Technical knowledge of product qualification testing.
- Candidate should have a thorough working knowledge of MIL-STD’s 461/464/704 (or equivalent commercial standards).
- Must be organized, flexible, and able to multitask in a dynamic team environment, have excellent communication skills and working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook, and Visio.
- The willingness and ability to occasionally work off-shift hours as necessary.
Must be a US Citizen with an active Secret Clearance or have had one within the past two years.
- Strong mathematical background and analytical simulation experience.
- Experience working Mathcad (or equivalent) analytical models to estimate parasitic coupling of EMI induced electromagnetic energy through power supplies, chassis, and electronic modules.
- Knowledge of TILE software.
Contact: Tom Lee (201) 843-4400 ext. 2260