Embedded Systems Engineer
Mountain View, California 94035 - US
The Intelligent Systems Research and Development Support (ISRDS) contract supports NASA Ames Research Center in developing and infusing advanced information systems technology into NASA missions. Our scientists, engineers and information technologists support research and development of critical enabling intelligent technologies for all of the NASA Mission Directorates. This SGT‐led team has supported technology development for NASA space exploration missions such as LADEE and TESS, supports payload development for the International Space Station, and develops robotics and autonomous operations technologies for lunar and planetary exploration. ISRDS engineers provide support in aeronautics for autonomous operations of unmanned systems and for meeting the challenges of expanding capacity in the aviation industry.
We are currently seeking a talented embedded systems engineer to develop and deploy payload software for the Starling CubeSat mission. Each spacecraft subsystem also makes use of at least one microprocessor, ranging from simple LPC microcontrollers to the TI MSP430. The selected candidate will be required to configure embedded Linux on ARM-based systems with high reliability, and to develop a wide range of Linux device drivers. The candidate must be capable of working with a team of talented engineers from a wide array of disciplines, and should be comfortable leading hardware and software testing efforts.
This position requires access to ITAR and/or EAR protected data, only U.S. citizens or green card holders can be considered for this position.
Required Skill and Traits:
- Extensive experience with C programming language.
- Experience with Python, Bash and Ruby languages.
- Extensive experience working with linux-based embedded systems, including the ARM and TI family of microprocessors.
- Knowledge of bus connectivity (I2C, SPI, etc).
- Familiarity with Bamboo, JIRA, and Confluence.
Other Desired Skills:
- Demonstrable ability to design, build, test, and document robust and reusable code.
- Understanding of memory management, kernel modules, and driver models.
- Understanding of watchdog management and interrupts.
- Experience with JTAG debugging.
- Demonstrable ability to write device drivers for posix systems.
Contact: Jullian Deveras (201) 843-4400 ext. 2320