Electrical Antenna Engineer (Microwave)
Baltimore, Maryland 21215 - US
Job Summary: - IMMEDIATE NEED TO FILL
The ideal candidate will be a high energy person that is capable of working as part of small technical team responsible for antenna and radome design, development, test and production.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design new radome products and test new materials to meet customer requirements or to add new products and technologies.
- Troubleshoot radome and antenna measurement issues and implement corrective actions.
- Specify design and materials for radomes to be produced to meet customer specifications.
- Assist in the preparation of proposals including design concepts, costing, writing sections and making presentations to management and customers.
- Interface with customers to answer questions, make presentations, and give status reports on projects.
- Provide support to manufacturing to answer questions or resolve technical issues related to the manufacture of the radome products.
- Creation of test plans and procedures to test radomes and verify compliance with customer specifications.
- Able to understand and schedule preventive maintenance for anechoic chamber test equipment. The ideal candidate will have used Orbit/FR positioning equipment and Keysight network analyzers.
- Required Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong RF and Antenna Design Experience
- HFSS simulation (or similar) Software Experience
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelors of Science in Engineering or Physics.
- 5-10 years experience as an Antenna or Radome Engineer in Aerospace or RF Microwave industry.
- Must be capable of obtaining US Government security clearance.
- Basic PC knowledge
- MS Office Suite capability
- Experience with electromagnetic CAE tools such as HFSS and FEKO
Physical/Mental Demands & Work Environment:
Position involves sitting, standing and/or walking. Position requires ability to frequently exert up to 10 pounds of force to move objects and occasionally exert up to 20 pounds of force to move objects.
The work site is an industrial manufacturing operation and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required in some aspects of the role.
Work usually performed in air-conditioned office environment.
Contact: Janet Townsend