Brooklyn, New York 11201 - US
Estimator will be responsible for preparing contractor's cost proposals for architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, structural (MEP/S) construction work of moderate complexity. Cost typically $3-$8M, intent is to bid for new work.
Proposals are "low bid", based on scope review, site walk through, contract drawings and specifications. Estimator will work closely with Project Superintendents.
Negotiate change orders at various stages of construction. Perform cost proposal reconciliation and make recommendations.
Maintain and develop databases of historical cost data, production data and cost variations that includes a price library, productivity library and similar.
Support field engineers, project scheduler and overall Construction Administration Prepare report of estimate basis and assumption documentation. Ensure unit costs and quantities of materials are accurate.
Perform project management that includes verification and reporting of job progress and finances.
Perform various document control activities including logs, reports, etc.
- Bachelors Architecture, Engineering, Project Management, Construction Management or equivalent in experience.
- Five (5) years minimum in commercial and institutional construction.
- Two (2) years minimum in cost estimating of MEP/S construction projects valued greater than $1M.
- Experience with negotiating cost proposal and work orders.
- Field experience - construction familiarity.
Special Skills/Training Requirements:
- Strong cost estimating experience with multi-discipline design in facilities, structural repairs, power upgrades, and renovations.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents: contract drawings, specifications, sketches, and written scopes of work.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the facility maintenance practices; design and construction of commercial and industrial facilities; methods and standards of construction; and construction management procedures.
- Ability to explain and negotiate cost proposal and work orders to stakeholders and project superintendents.
- Proficient in Construction Means, CSI Specifications, and MS Office Products (in particular Excel).
- Knowledgeable with construction safety (OSHA), construction management, construction codes, building codes, and best practices.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, perform detailed work under time- sensitive deadlines. organize project information efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing to travel to various project sites located throughout New York City.
- Preferred background in architecture or structural engineering.
Contact: Tom Lee (201) 843-4400 ext. 2260