Queens, New York 11430 - US
SCOPE - Primarily airport and building concrete work, civil site work, paving work, drainage systems, structural, and maintenance of traffic, with some electrical, environmental and plumbing knowledge.
- Willingness to learn and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Verbal communication includes speaking with the Resident Engineer, other contract staff, facility staff both in person via two way communications.
- Ability to read and interpret plans and specs and prepare written contract administration documentation such as daily narratives (work reports), special inspection reports, daily time and material records, and document unit price work.
- Identify potential extra work issues and keep the Resident Engineer advised of potential issues.
- Prepare estimates of extra work and related sketches and documentation.
- Review plans for constructability and prepare comments.
- Review contractor payment requests and provide comments to the Resident Engineer.
- In addition to night and weekend shift work, ability to stay late or come in early as needed.
Education and Special Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience inspecting construction work varying in size (projects ranging from $500K to $5 million plus) and complexity (multiple crews and crew sizes per shift).
- Valid Driver's license and ability to obtain a high SWAC clearance and JFK SIDA card.
- Trained in OSHA 10-hour construction safety, fall protection, confined space and permit required confined space entry.
- ICC/NICET Level 3 Asphalt or Highway Construction; ICC Bolting, ACI Concrete Special Inspector; and Work Zone Safety Certifications are desirable.