Civil - Structural Engineer
New York City, New York 10004 - US
HEPCO has multiple openings for capable engineers at all levels to work on various commercial construction projects within the 5 Boroughs of New York.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Review/approve contract documents such as specifications, shop drawings and as built drawings.
- Visit construction sites to ensure that the construction work is performed based on the contract drawings and specification.
- Schedule/coordinate the Job Progress meetings.
- Review/update Project Status Reports.
- Review/monitor project budget and take corrective action.
- Perform pre-final/final inspections.
- Review/Prepare scope of work, preliminary estimate and final package for Additional Work Order. Also, attend the negotiation meeting.
- Support variety of administrative and other project-related activities such as preparing memorandums, reports and presentations; coordination between different divisions/department/users; filings construct documents; scheduling meetings; etc.
Minimum Qualifications Requirements:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college in Civil and/or Structural Engineering.
- 3-5 years of full time experience in performing construction management work such as planning, administering, managing, coordinating or expediting for large and/or complex projects in New York or New Jersey.
- Candidate should have at least one year of experience in supervisory capacity or work as a project manager for large or complex projects.
- Candidate must demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, with ability to identify issues and take initiative to effectively resolve.
- The candidate must possess proficient computer skills. Candidate must possess strong human relations, communication, presentation, interpersonal, and judgment skills.
- Candidate must possess strong business administration skills (i.e. report and letter writing, spreadsheets, and time management).
- The candidate must possess the ability to read and interpret Contract drawings and specifications. Familiarity with Construction Management Procedures.
- Must either have or willing to get OSHA certification.
Contact: Tom Lee (201) 843-4400 ext. 2260