Civil Engineer PE
Manhattan, New York 10004 - US
We are seeking a Vice President – Construction Services to further our growth in the New York City Metro area. We are looking for a NYS licensed Professional Engineer with a successful record in business development and professional relationship building. Candidate will work with other members of management to implement strategies for profitable growth and to identify, pursue, win, and successfully deliver more construction management projects. The position will require client communications, public outreach and coordination. This individual will also help oversee and direct ongoing and upcoming projects while mentoring and leading technical staff.
- Assist in representing the company within industry organizations, including but not limited to, CMAA, ASHE, NYSSPE, NYWEA, and other applicable state and/or regional associations.
- Actively participate in regional networking functions to develop business relationship and build company brand image.
Marketing and Business Development:
- Manage expansion of New York City Metro area office.
- Maintain an effective business development program, securing profitable work on a routine basis providing adequate backlog for staff.
- Develop and maintain trusted adviser relationships with client and A/E contacts to facilitate positive relationships and communication.
- Proactively identify programs to help address the issues of and advance the programs of specific, targeted clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- NYS Professional Engineering License is required.
- 15-20 years of experience in managing the planning, design, and construction of various infrastructure projects in a leading role.
- New York City client relationships required.
- Ability to develop business opportunities through active engagement with clients and business development experience with NYSDOT, PANYNJ, MTA, NYCDOT, NYCDDC, NYCDEP and other local clients is a plus.
- Ability to evaluate the technical requirements of segments of the individual projects, outline the tasks, manpower and equipment requirements, establish fees, scope and project budgets and outline a project schedule.
- Must be able to manage a moderately sized staff of professionals and ensures their efficient utilization on assigned projects.
- A demonstrated ability to administer all projects' general and technical data and reports to communicate verbally and in writing to all parties involved.
Contact: Jullian Deveras (201) 843-4400 ext. 232