Cable Design Engineer
Baltimore, Maryland 21090 - US
Global defense contractor is seeking an Electro/Mechanical Systems Integration Engineer to architect and design Cables & Interconnects for all platforms including restricted space, air, ground and sea/naval systems development programs in Baltimore (Linthicum), Maryland.
- System level architect, detail design and documentation,
- Supplier procurement, in-house integration and test based on program requirements.
- Must have a solid understanding of cable components and overall construction techniques; cable types including power, signal, RF and fiber optic; cable diagram hierarchy via block – interconnect – schematic – wiring; and cable documentation either build-to-print –or- specification controlled.
- 10 years minimum relevant design experience with modeling skills.
- Prior security clearance or the ability to obtain a Secret clearance or Top Secret with SCI.
- US Citizenship is required.
Bachelor's Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical, Systems Engineering or another related technical curriculum.
- Cable modeling in E3 Zuken is preferred with experience in multi-type cable architects for large and small procurements.
- Prefer degreed (EE / ME) + experience in cable types: Power, RF (coax), Signal, Digital and most importantly Fiber Optics.
Contact: Tom Lee (201) 843-4400 ext. 2260