Associate Project Manager II (Mechanical Engineer)
New York, New York 10004 - US
Candidates will assist the Resident Engineer (RE), or Construction Administrator/Manager (CA/CM) in day to day construction and administration activities for the Elevator Escalators Replacement in Elevator and Escalator Program area of Station Division- CPM. Candidates will also assist in developing contract specifications, estimates, construction phasing plans, and project schedules for those projects in design and construction. Some of the construction activities are:
- Review/approve contract documents such as specifications, shop drawings and as built drawings.
- Visit construction sites to ensure that the construction work is performed based on the contract drawings and specification.
- Schedule/coordinate the Job Progress meetings.
- Prepare labor services requirements and their estimates.
- Review/update Project Status Reports.
- Review/monitor project budgets and take corrective action.
- Review/prepare/monitor the contractor's payments.
- Schedule and coordinate pre-final/final inspections and labor supports services such as GOs, Flagging, Access and Protections, etc.
- Review, comment and respond to RFI's, shop drawings, and submittals.
- Review/Prepare scopes of work, preliminary estimates and final packages for Additional Work Orders. Also, attend negotiation meetings.
- Ensure and enforce the contractor's adherence to quality assurance and safety protocols.
- Review/Prepare detailed inspector's daily reports with Safety Check List.
- Support a variety of administrative and other project-related activities such as preparing memorandums, reports and presentations; coordination between different divisions/department/users; filings construct documents; scheduling meetings; etc.
A Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college in Mechanical Engineering.
A minimum of five years of full time experience in performing construction management work such as planning, administering, managing, coordinating or expediting for large and/or complex projects. Candidate should have at least three years of experience in supervisory capacity or work as a project manager for large or complex projects. Candidate must demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, with ability to identify issues and take initiative to effectively resolve. The candidate must possess proficient computer skills. Candidate must possess strong human relations, communication, presentation, interpersonal, and judgment skills. Candidate must possess strong business administration skills (i.e. report and letter writing, spreadsheets, and time management).
Must be available to work nights and weekends on an as needed basis.
Special Skills/Training Requirements:
Ability to read and interpret Contract drawings and specifications. Familiarity with Construction Management Procedures. Ability to communicate effectively with excellent written, verbal and communication skills. Prior Elevator and Escalator Project Experience is preferred. Ability to coordinate with multiple stakeholders; such as: Contractors, Operation Departments, and other Departments and Engineering personnel. Familiarity of Construction Scheduling and Estimating is preferable.
Ten-hour OSHA Certification.
Contact: Tom Lee (201) 843-4400 ext. 2260