APM I (Mechanical)
New York City, New York 10004 - US
Circulation Improvement at Union Square Station on Canarsie Line "B" Division.
- Review Construction documents, supervise and provide guidance to Contractor.
- Resolve Construction issues related to field conditions, inter discipline conflicts, long term maintenance issues and life cycle costs.
- Act as a facilitator between the Contractor, Designers, User Departments and Maintenance groups.
- Resolve field conditions in an expeditious manner and provide input / suggested solutions, obtain formal approval from design engineers when necessary.
- Monitor budgets, TA services usage and schedules, identify any potential shortfalls and take necessary action to prevent negative impact on critical path.
- Identify needs for General orders and other Company services and make sure that they are provided to contractor on timely basis.
- Initiate General Orders, operate under flagging / General Orders and be able to properly close General Orders.
- Inspect work in progress, identify and inform contractor of deficiencies or concerns in a timely manner.
- Prepare daily reports, formal punch-lists, informal / running punch-lists, coordinate and confirm punch-list completion, conduct joint pre-and final inspections with Contractors and Company trade groups.
- Prepare cost estimate for change order with value up to $50,000.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university in engineering. A four- year high school diploma, and five years of experience.
Minimum 2 years in Engineering Design or Construction Management. One year of full- time satisfactory experience in supervising employees performing project management work.
Special Skills/Training Requirements:
Auto CADD/Microstation, Microsoft Office/ Word I Excel. Familiarity with NYCT design standard, guidelines and operating procedures.
Contact: Tom Lee (201) 843-4400 ext. 2260