Antenna Test Technician
Baltimore, Maryland 21215 - US
Responsible for all activities related to test, assembly, tuning and evaluation of products. Responsible for on-time delivery of highest quality products. Responsibilities include the troubleshooting and diagnosis of returned assemblies, analysis and summary of test data, testing and tuning of complex assemblies. Will be responsible for maintaining program security within the test environment. Must be capable of prioritizing work to keep other departments moving with a steady flow of components. Need to be able to “take ownership” of the project and ensure units meet all workmanship and test requirements. Must foster a culture of continuous improvement in processes and products and support lean manufacturing initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have an ACTIVE SECRET security clearance.
- Evaluation, test and tune of antenna assemblies
- Assembly of antenna assemblies.
- Coordination with other departments on part status and required work to complete each step.
- Detail oriented to ensure all steps are completed in the build in the proper order.
- Analysis and summary of test data. Will utilize Orbit F/R Spectrum software along with Keysight network analyzers and associated test equipment.
- Participate in continuous improvement and lean initiatives, including kaizens, 6S, value stream mapping and other improvements.
- Must be able to understand the test environment and equipment used for testing antennas. Responsible for maintaining test capability and equipment readiness.
- Must have Testing Range experience.
- Provide labor utilization input for quoting, planning and capacity purposes.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance on test stands and other production equipment.
- Maintain work center layouts that assure optimum utilization of equipment, facilities and personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- May require interaction with Customers and Suppliers.
- Perform building security and code out as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Associates degree or equivalent; 3-5 years of hands-on assembly work would be good. 3-5 years of electrical test work.
Experience with soldering, attention to detail, takes care in workmanship, and deadline oriented. Some overtime required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations. Ability to communicate in English.
Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Ability to prioritize workload. Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner, exercise discretion and pay close attention to detail and produce a high level of accuracy.
Will be required to interface and relate well with all employees and multiple departments and levels within the Company. Will interact with various people, to include: outside vendors. Ability to supervise, develop and motivate staff. Position requires strong teamwork/cooperative abilities, as well as the ability to work independently.
P.C. Spreadsheet (Excel), PowerPoint.
TOOLS/EQUIPMENT USED ON THE JOB
PC, MS Word, Excel, electronic test and measurement equipment, copier, and telephone.
Position involves ability to frequently or constantly exert up to 20 pounds of force and occasionally exert up to 40 pounds of force to move/lift objects.
Vision requirements include the ability to sit and work at a P.C. frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus. Physical work requires manipulative skills of a high level. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms. Occasional lifting (up to 40 lbs). In this position the employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, reach, or crouch. Must wear back and wrist support and utilize lifting equipment whenever possible. Position requires the ability to hear and speak clearly. Must be able to handle fluctuating workload and multiple priorities. Extended hours and overtime are occasionally required to meet job requirements. Accountability to establish scheduled and/or time pressures required. Ability to handle pressure and to meet deadlines. May require some travel.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Work area subject to both air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned environment.
Must have the ability to be flexible and deal with changing conditions as required. Shop environment contains hazardous materials, dust, moving equipment, pneumatic equipment, hydraulic equipment, and metal chips from cutting, milling, drilling and turning operations. Employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee may also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Contact: Janet Townsend