PWB Producibility Engineer
Linthicum Heights, Maryland 21037 - US
Large US based defense contractor is seeking an experienced mechanical engineer to be a member of a team dedicated to the design and fabrication of state of the art Printed Wiring Boards and an advocate for new PWB Technology insertion.
This position entails coordinating customer contractual requirements, supplier capabilities, and design constraints to produce functional hardware. As a member of the team, the individual will be tasked to drive commonality across all programs and product lines, review and verify all new PWB designs, travel to board suppliers, develop alternate board materials and adhesives, insert new technology and signoff on all PWB related drawings and supporting documentation
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of Microwave Printed Circuit Board, Rigid PWB, High Density PWB, Flex and Rigid Flex Fabrication and design.
- Requires expert knowledge in the area of IPC and Military PCB/PWA specifications.
- Experience with ANSI documentation and commensurate computer skills with a PWB toolset.
- Strong mentoring and good oral and written presentation skills are necessary.
- B.S. Degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years of experience in printed circuit board design and fabrication techniques.
- Must have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI security clearance.
- Working knowledge of NX, overall knowledge of available board platings, etching techniques, lamination processes, High frequency – low Dk – low loss laminate materials, bonding films, embedded resistors, drilling and PTH via formation and PWB assembly techniques.
Contact: Tom Lee (201) 843-4400 ext 226