Kingston, New York 12402 - US
Privately held property development company in Ulster County, NY is seeking a CFO with experience of 5+ years with a company $50MM or larger. Prior Controller experience a must. Previous experience with either a property or commercial developer is essential.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Produced with Property Managers and Accounting Staff accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting for multiple properties.
- Transition properties from construction phase to lease-up and stabilization.
- Oversee the annual budget, tracking expenditures with the Managers.
- Assess monthly operating reports for each property and review variance analysis for distribution.
- Review reports for funding agencies and private investors.
- Creation of annual budgets for each property.
- Identify areas of improvement and forecast future capital expenditures by meeting with the Property Managers.
- Generate monthly operating reports to include graphs and trend A/R, Cash Flow, and budget variance by property.
- Created custom benchmark reports for properties by utilizing ratios to identify areas of weakness by property.
- Oversee underwriting for projects, qualifying funding sources, developing financial models for residential tax credit projects and securing capital funding from city, state, and federal sources including NYS OMH, DOHMH, HUD VASH, HPD, and DASNY.
- Directed and managed staff that performed reporting, budgeting, general ledger, payroll, cash flow, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Participated in committees on quality assurance, Human Resources and strategic planning.
- Developed proposals for Federal, state and city housing opportunities.
- Managed development team activities from RFP to stabilization as well as budgets for new development projects.
- Prepare the annual IRS Tax Return as well as an annual budget to be approved by the financial committee and HRA.
Contact: Tom Lee (201) 843-4400 ext. 226